Event to be held at the following time, date and location:
Monday, 11 March 2019 at 9:00 am
- to -
Friday, 15 March 2019 at 12:00 pm (South Africa Standard Time South Africa Time)
515 Johannes Ramokhoase St, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0007, South Africa
This course provides an overview and analysis of monitoring and evaluation theory and practice, with a particular focus on the role monitoring and evaluation play in public management and public policy and how monitoring and evaluation can lead to better decision-making in the public sector. The course uses international, as well as local, examples and case studies and will involve discussions with policy managers, policy advisors and evaluators with experience of monitoring and evaluation in Various Governments.
The following topics will be covered:
1. Setting the scene: an introduction to monitoring and evaluation in the public sector
- The contribution of monitoring and evaluation to public management and public policy and their roles in evidence-based policy
- The context for monitoring and evaluation in the public sector Around Africa:
+ Accountability, managing for outcomes
+Monitoring, evaluation, research, and audit
+Key monitoring and evaluation agencies
- The purposes and types of monitoring and evaluation approaches
2. Evaluation design, methodologies and methods
- Determining the goals, objectives and questions for monitoring and evaluation
- Programme logic
- Qualitative, Quantitative and Mixed Methods:
+An overview of key data sources and the analysis and interpretation of data – including Documents, Interviews / Focus Groups, Observations, Surveys, Administrative and National Statistical Data Sets, and Outcomes Measurement
- Synthesising findings and reaching conclusions about the findings
- Reporting and dissemination
3. Planning and managing monitoring and evaluation
- Planning and managing monitoring and evaluation
- Working with evaluators in-house and contracting external evaluators
- The role of the evaluator
- Ethical and cultural issues in evaluation – Ethical practice and processes; Māori, Pacific and Indigenous perspectives; and Cultural and community perspectives
Course Learning Objectives
The course will help participants to:
- Understand the role that monitoring and evaluation plays in public management and public policy.
- Understand the different purposes and types of monitoring and evaluation, their strengths and weaknesses, and how they answer key public management and policy questions.
- Increase their understanding and use of monitoring and evaluation information, in particular around monitoring and evaluation design and the key methodologies and methods used in monitoring and evaluation.
- Improve project management and commissioning of monitoring and evaluation.
Call +26824221191 for more information.
Venue: Pretoria, South Africa
Course fee: This is a paid training. Request for course fee.
The course fees for this course covers the course Materials, Local Transportation, Local Tours, Tea Breaks and Complimentary take home Samsung Tab E.