Prof. Michela Carlana (Harvard), Prof. Raissa Fabregas (UT Austin) and Prof. Diana Moreira (UC Davis) are looking to hire a part-time Research Associate based in Brazil. The RA would lead and coordinate a field experiment (an RCT) in Brazil. The project intends to evaluate the effectiveness of an intervention aimed at tackling the underrepresentation of minorities in math-intensive jobs and careers. The position would be a very good fit for anyone looking to be exposed to cutting-edge economics research, preparing to apply to PhD programs, or with an interest in applied microeconomics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate field research activities
- Conduct statistical analysis using Stata -- on this and other projects
- Manage team: recruit, train and supervise research assistants, field researchers
- Communicate with partner organization
- Directly report to and work together with PIs on all of the above-mentioned activities
Desired qualifications and Experience:
- An ongoing or completed master’s degree in economics (or related field with quantitative emphasis)
- Excellent academic record
- Knowledge of Stata (required) and Latex (required) and familiarity with randomized control trials
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Fluency in English (required) and Portuguese (required).
- The candidate is expected to live in Brazil for the period, but this can be negotiated.
- Candidate should be Brazilian or have a work permit to work in Brazil.
Mais informações em: https://www.povertyactionlab.org/careers/research-associate-other-1...